Life on the Mekong and Other Rivers

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this blog, including strong statements in support of weinerdog-riding monkeys, are our own, and not those of the U.S. Department of State or the U.S. government.

Friday, April 02, 2010

Thank you Jesus...

>
...for the four day weekend...

Zambia does Easter up right. Friday and Monday off. Everyone seems to be traveling this weekend, but we've decided to stick around Lusaka. We are contemplating a trip to the local crocodile farm or a visit to Eureka camp to hunt down our giraffe friends. Hard to get motivated, though.

Jack had a swim lesson this morning. He's has a hard time putting his face in the water, but he's getting there.

And on Tuesday I taught the kids of Kanzala village in Northwestern Province how to throw a frisbee -- a life skill that will take them far.


2 Comments:

At 4:03 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love that picture!

A very storytelling shot- worth a thousand words.

 
At 5:56 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's Friday, and that means that the Two Month Blogiversary of the Weekly State Department Blog Roundup is up - and you're on it!

Here is the link:

http://bit.ly/aZJeOz

(If I quoted your text or used your photo(s) and you would rather I had not, please let me know. Please also be sure to check the link(s) that I put up to you, in order to verify that they work properly. If you would rather that I had not referenced you, and/or do not want me to reference you in the future, please also contact me.)

Thanks!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home