Life on the Mekong and Other Rivers

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this blog, including strong statements in support of weinerdog-riding monkeys, are our own, and not those of the U.S. Department of State or the U.S. government.

Saturday, November 21, 2009

What have I become?

The embassy operates on a 4.5 day week here. We work 9 hours Monday through Thursdsay and get half-day Fridays, which is really nice on those Fridays when you can actually leave at mid-day.

Monday through Thursday, I work from about 7:45 to 5:45 or a bit later -- at least that's usually how it works out.

Jack's school is about 6 KM away in the opposite direction of work. His school starts at 7:30 am, but we can begin dropping him at about 7:15.

This is all to say that I am now getting up at about 6:20 every day during the week, which inevitably leads to the situation that I am in now.

It is 6:40 on a Saturday morning, I am awake, and I am unlikely to go back to sleep.

What the heck happened? I'm not a fan. I miss my late nights and sleeping in.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home