Life on the Mekong and Other Rivers

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this blog, including strong statements in support of weinerdog-riding monkeys, are our own, and not those of the U.S. Department of State or the U.S. government.

Friday, September 04, 2009

Deja Vu all over again

So on November 11, 2006, I flew from Vientiane to Bangkok a week before Jack was due. Having arrived at almost midnight, I was rudely awakened by Katherine early the next morning with news that she thought her water broke during the night. Thankfully, it was a false alarm.


I arrived in DC this morning at 06:00

At about 7:00 I was greeted upon my arrival at the apartment with a "Hello, I think my water broke."

False alarm again? This time, not so much.

So a mere 5 hours and 58 minutes after my flight from Johannesburg touched down at Dulles, Samuel Dietrich Nervig was born. Lucky that Katherine decided I had better take an earlier flight, or I would still be cooling my heels in Lusaka, waiting for my Saturday flight, or frantically trying to get on the Friday flight.

Either way, I wouldn't be here to see this...



Jack went to meet his baby brother. Jack liked him, but was a bit more interested in the gift he got from Sam -- a toy cash register.



But, Jack did roam the halls telling strangers about his new baby brother and dragging them into the room to see Sam, so I guess Jack is a fan.

Anyway, I basically went from a 24 hour flight home to the hospital. Now it's 9:31 pm and time for bed.




1 Comments:

At 4:18 PM, Blogger Masha said...

Congratulations, guys! Can't wait to meet the newest Nervig.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home