Life on the Mekong and Other Rivers

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this blog, including strong statements in support of weinerdog-riding monkeys, are our own, and not those of the U.S. Department of State or the U.S. government.

Thursday, February 01, 2007

Things I will miss about Vientiane...selfish things

In no particular order, and not an exhaustive list...

Our magic fridge.

No matter how little Katherine and I shop or cook, there is always food in it. Freshly made salad. Plates of cut fruit (my favorite, pomelo, on the right. Pomelo is like a big grapefruit, but with a much thicker skin that really sucks to cut and peel, not that I would know).


Our guards. They are always there to open our gate when we drive home (and, of course, ensure that we are not robbed, like our neighbors across the street who have been hit two times in the past year). This guy feels it is a bit cold tonight. I think it's about 68 degrees out.


Badminton. With only six weeks left, I've decided it's time to get all the badminton I can get, so I'm heading back to the badminton club with some of the embassy guards and drivers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home