Life on the Mekong and Other Rivers

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this blog, including strong statements in support of weinerdog-riding monkeys, are our own, and not those of the U.S. Department of State or the U.S. government.

Sunday, January 28, 2007

So our weekend was chock full of tennis, babies, and parties with co-workers. Friday was the previously mentioned embassy field dedication/party.

Saturday night we went to my boss' house for dinner. Some Lao friends taught me the lovely game of Phai Viet, which basically means Vietnamese cards. From what I learned, you deal cards, then everyone puts cards down in order except me because I never had good cards, then I had to give money to someone. Luckily we were only playing for the equivalent of $0.10 per hand.

Anyway, Phai Viet, live and in color (but very, very dark color).



Then Katherine came to tell me it was time to stop losing money and go home. I think I lost $0.70 that night. No diapers for Jack for a while.

Today we went to another co-worker's house for a barbecue. Real Wisconsin brats. Very nice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home