Life on the Mekong and Other Rivers

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this blog, including strong statements in support of weinerdog-riding monkeys, are our own, and not those of the U.S. Department of State or the U.S. government.

Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Not very interesting, but there was a request for more video



In other news, I may have to rescind my membership in the leche league. Don't get me wrong, I'm all for breastfeeding. Jack seems to like it, anyway. But I was reminded again today that there is a time and a place, or at least a way, to breastfeed.

For example, if you are in the middle of a visa interview, and your child starts to fuss, I think you should think twice before hiking up your shirt, fiddling around with your boob, then latching the kid on.

It's probably the 8th or 9th time I've been flashed now, not counting the pantsless kid who ran in front of my window and peed on the ground. Today was the second time that the flasher actually qualified for a visa, though. And I can honestly say her little show didn't have any impact on the decision, but it was nice of her to go to the effort.

5 Comments:

At 6:09 PM, Blogger TeamJacobson said...

Look at those chunk-a-lunka legs! Yummy!!!!! Guys, loved the new video but we need more SINGING! Just met a potential babysitter from Romania...long story but she was raving about Kiev. So there you have it! Cheers from London!

 
At 12:08 AM, Blogger Consul-At-Arms said...

My rule about breast-feeding during visa interviews was developed during my formative first NIV tour at a Third World post.

Basically, anything that keeps the babies from crying in my lobby and/or visa line can't be all bad. I'd rather have breast-feeding mothers than crying babies any day!

 
At 5:10 AM, Blogger Kent said...

I am apalled by that video. First you abusively induce sneezing and hiccups, then daddy repeatedly verbally abuses the child by saying, "STOOPID BABY...STOOPID BABY." I am calling Child Protective Services immediately. does the embassy know about these atrocities?

I agree with team jacobson: chunka-lunka legs... that's just how Jack rolls.

 
At 4:57 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not to be a spoiler, or anything, but, in some places it's illegal to discriminate against or to prevent a woman from breastfeeding...not that you did that, but just saying to be aware of that.

 
At 9:16 AM, Blogger Katherine and Phil said...

Discriminate against? She got the visa.

I was more than accomodating.

The analogy I used with Katherine, which she didn't like, was that guys sometimes pee in public, but they usually turn their backs to other people around.

Both natural acts.

Ha ha. That comparison should make some people mad.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home