Life on the Mekong and Other Rivers

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this blog, including strong statements in support of weinerdog-riding monkeys, are our own, and not those of the U.S. Department of State or the U.S. government.

Saturday, August 05, 2006

Just one of those days

Was it a nice day in Vientiane?

I wouldn't know. I had one of those days of sleeping in, watching some TV, reading, playing with the cat, watching some more TV, and eating.

Guilty pleasure to be sure. And I can't help thinking that I should be out doing some uniquely Lao thing, as our time here is becoming shorter, and will be fundamentally altered once we come back from Bangkok with a little human.

That said, there is something fantastic about a lazy day that I love, and will likely have little opportunity to indulge in after said little human arrives.

Note that it was a nice day. At least it seemed so when I opened the door to let the cat out.

Tomorrow will be different, although it will not be 'uniquely' Lao. More like an average weekend day for me. Tennis in the morning with Tat, a couple hours of work, maybe a swim with my lovely bride.

A good weekend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home