Life on the Mekong and Other Rivers

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this blog, including strong statements in support of weinerdog-riding monkeys, are our own, and not those of the U.S. Department of State or the U.S. government.

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Now y'all can talk about how you knew me back when...

You know, back before I became a media sensation.

Granted, the fine folks at Khaosan Pathet Lao news service did not deem me important enough to mention, but there I am in the photo front and center (or front, and to the right, as it were).

The Vientiane Times, Laos' english-language newspaper of record, the motto of which is 'all the news the Party says is fit to print' went a different direction. No picture of me. Rather, they thought that Minister Souban was the star of the show. As if.


They did, however, get my name right. Last time I spoke in public, my rousing success was credited to Political Officer Greg Chapman. That guy was always looking for reflected glory.


Word. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home