Life on the Mekong and Other Rivers

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this blog, including strong statements in support of weinerdog-riding monkeys, are our own, and not those of the U.S. Department of State or the U.S. government.

Friday, January 02, 2009

Winter Comes to Kyiv

Just in time for a gas cutoff.

But it was cold enough for the sun to come out today, so we headed out for some sledding.


Some snow removal work.


And general winter revelry.




And we noticed the ingenuity of the local drunks. After you drink your liter of Chernigevske, just cut a whole in it, put some seed in, hang it from a tree, and feed the birds.







1 Comments:

At 10:31 AM, Blogger Kelsey said...

Looks like you guys had a fun time!

I sort of stumbled across your blog while link-surfing. I can't find an "about" page or post, but given your disclaimer, I assume you're with the foreign service? I'm an expat currently in Korea, and my S.O. is a former FS brat. I like your blog, and I was wondering if you would mind if I added you to my blogroll? You're not obligated to add me back, but you are welcome to.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home