Life on the Mekong and Other Rivers

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this blog, including strong statements in support of weinerdog-riding monkeys, are our own, and not those of the U.S. Department of State or the U.S. government.

Friday, July 21, 2006

Karaoke 101

Now, some might remember me calling my stunningly beautiful pregnant wife a loser recently for singing karaoke.

But let's remember context. In my searing indictment of Katherine, Dana and Goht, I specifically said that they did this silly thing called karaoke without the benefit of alcohol.

I'm different. Give me some alcohol, or, more accurately, give me lots of tasty Beer Lao, and I may, in fact, succumb to the karaoke gods. Tonight, I actually picked Yesterday, by the Beatles. A fitting song, I thought, as it was the first karaoke song I ever sang, at my 21st birthday celebration (friends were soon after told to take me home, lest I be reported to the police for my loutish behavior).

BUT, before Yesterday came up, I was cajoled into singing a song by one of the 20th century's greatest talents with Ae.

That's right. George Michael.

The song; 'Careless Whisper'.

And with that, I bring you 'Careless Whisper' as sung by two people both more talented and more sober than George Michael currently is...most likely.

We started out with a bit of a John Travolta/Olivia Newton-John vibe.



Then things heated up.


We were really selling it at this point.


Remember, everything looks, and sounds, better with alcohol. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home