Life on the Mekong and Other Rivers

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this blog, including strong statements in support of weinerdog-riding monkeys, are our own, and not those of the U.S. Department of State or the U.S. government.

Tuesday, April 11, 2006

....followed by a rollercoaster of emotions....

As true a recording of recent events as your humble scribe can remember...I do believe I blacked out for a minute or two, so this may be a bit like the Nixon tapes....

Phone Rings:

Me: Hello?

Unidentified Female Caller: Hi Mr. Phil...is this Mr. Phil?

Me: Yes.

UFC: Mr. Phil?

Me: Yes

UFC: Oh, Mr. Phil, this is Tic, calling from the GSO's office at the Embassy in the Admin Sectio...

Me: Hi Tic, what can I do for you?

Tic: I'm calling about that Mr. Sengthavy said that there is a problem so that he says with your visas and he cannot get them from the Myanmar Embassy....

-------------------

Rage. Pure Rage. Blinding white-hot rage. Then nothing, blackness, the sweet embrace of emptiness.

-------------------
Me (finally bringing myself under control enough to speak): What? (I say what alot when people are speaking fast Lao on the phone)

Tic: Mr. Sengthavy says that they don't have the required forms so they can't give him the passport.

Me: What? Why? What are they missing?

Tic: Mr. Sengthavy says that you nee.....

Me: Where is Sengthavy now?

Tic: At the Myanmar Embassy

Me: Please have Sengthavy call me directly

Tic: Okay.....
---------------

Me: (talking to my boss Greg while waiting for Sengthavy to call) STOP LAUGHING AT ME! IT'S NOT FUNNY! I HATE ALL OF YOU! STOP LAUGHING!!!!!!

Me: Hello?

Sengthavy: Mr. Phil....is this Mr. Phil?

Me: Yes

Sengthavy: Mr. Phil?

Me: Sengthavy, what is going on?

Sengthavy: Nothing, the Myanmar Embassy just gave you the wrong forms to fill out originally, so they need you and Katherine to sign the correct forms, then they will give you your visas. I am driving back to the Embassy right now with the c0mpleted forms. All you and Katherine have to do is sign. Then, I will return with the completed forms and pick up your passports, with your shiny new visas in them, which I will deliver directly to you before 5:00 pm.

Me: I love you Sengthavy.

Sengthavy: Dude, I'm married, with a kid, and am a guy.

Me: I don't care.


Current status...cautious euphoria.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home