Life on the Mekong and Other Rivers

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this blog, including strong statements in support of weinerdog-riding monkeys, are our own, and not those of the U.S. Department of State or the U.S. government.

Monday, March 20, 2006

The things I do for you

Hot on the trail of pictures of monkeys riding weiner dogs.

And yes, Mark, I have lost a bit of hope...in humanity. How dare you, sir. How dare you.

---------------------------------------------------------------

From: Thornburg, Mark H(Islamabad)
To: Nervig, Phillip B (CONS)(VIENTIANE)
Subject: By the way

Am here in sunny Karachi, and am taking a moment to catch back up on Life on the Mekong, and so I must say: hey, best of luck in Ukraine! It’s a nice place – they’ve got a cultural fixation with wheat beer that I ADORE – but good luck on dealing with the weather moving from 17 thousand degrees to minus twenty six. I’ll see what I can do about dropping in to visit in Kiev – who doesn’t love Kiev, after all?

Enjoy your day!
Monkey on dog photo coming once I get back to Islamabad (have you lost hope yet?).
--Thornburg

From: Nervig, Phillip B (CONS)(VIENTIANE)
Sent: Monday, January 30, 2006 8:56 AM
To: Thornburg, Mark HSubject: RE: Laos

Dude:

Where’s my monkey on a weiner dog picture?

That picture is the only thing standing between me and a total loss of credibility.

Literally almost 6 people are waiting anxiously for photographic proof of the wonderous event that you captured.

Phil

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home