Life on the Mekong and Other Rivers

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this blog, including strong statements in support of weinerdog-riding monkeys, are our own, and not those of the U.S. Department of State or the U.S. government.

Sunday, March 19, 2006

Back to the beach.



Lao New Year is coming up. You all might remember last year I was duty officer, and, as such, we hung around town getting doused with water by friends, well-wishers, and strangers. This year, we are getting out of here.

There is a 3 day national holiday, meaning 4 days off gets you 11 (or 3 days would get you 11, but I got the short end of the vacation stick in the consular section). Anyway, we're going to Burma for 6 days, followed by a few days on the beach. We're going to head to Railay Beach in Krabi Province, Thailand.

We'll be doing lots of things like what Katherine is doing in the picture.

Then, a week after we get back, Katherine is off to London, en route to NY. I'll follow a week later for 3 weeks in the US.

I haven't had a full week off in two years (I think this is true) so I'm really looking forward to April and May.

Tonight we had Jon and Rose and Tom and Goht over for the best damn meal in a long time. TACOS!!!! Not so much choice in the Mexican/Tex Mex cuisine here in Vientiane. I'm heading up to bed. Mmmmm....tacos.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home