Life on the Mekong and Other Rivers

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this blog, including strong statements in support of weinerdog-riding monkeys, are our own, and not those of the U.S. Department of State or the U.S. government.

Saturday, November 05, 2005

Handicraftapalooza 2005...Catch the Fever!!!!!

Well, you will all be jealous when you hear that this weekend is the International Lao Handicraft festival at the local convention center. And the answer is yes, I will be spending the bulk of my free time there poring over the tables and tables of handicrafts.

Oh, what a wonderful world we live in, where a man like me can proudly proclaim his love of handicrafts without fear of persecution.

Unfortunately, Katherine left for the International Lao Handicraft festival about 45 minutes, and somehow I forgot to get in the car. Sadly, I'm unable to figure out any other way to get to there. Woe is me, who will appreciate all the handicrafts in my absence? I would have appreciated the hell out of those handicrafts.

And yes, there is a Ministry of Industry and Handicrafts in Laos. Tells you a bit about Laos' industrial base.

Tonight we're heading out to a new bar with some friends. I'm told it has a good pool table, which is sorely needed in this town.

Ari and Jennine are en route as we speak (or as I type, but that's not really true either, as they aren't leaving until sometime in the next few hours) and Geoffrey and Melissa are en route to Hanoi, arriving to meet the four of us next Friday in Luang Prabang.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home