Life on the Mekong and Other Rivers

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this blog, including strong statements in support of weinerdog-riding monkeys, are our own, and not those of the U.S. Department of State or the U.S. government.

Tuesday, November 01, 2005

An inappropriate request, if you ask me

I received a letter from an immigrant visa applicant explaining about quite a large discrepency (or lie might be a better word, or series of lies may be a more apt description). At the end, the applicant states "Your blindly favorable consideration in this will be very appreciated."

Now, I'm not even sure what a 'blindly' favorable consideration is, but it sounds like I'd be shirking my consular duties if I acquiesced to her wishes. Maybe the previous sentence in the affidavit will shed some light on what she means...

"Actually, on the date of my first interview I misunderstood your Excellency A guest Here fire, I swear I used to go to USA under Mrs. Name LAST NAME."

Okay.

I think I'll give her my blindly favorable consideration on this one.

Also today I got a letter in support of a monk's visa application that stated he was the "President of Buddhism." Again, not sure how someone even gets elected President of Buddhism, but I was duly impressed. Now I've just got to meet the Prime Minister of Judaism and my quest to meet the leaders of world religions will be complete, seeing as I sat between the King of the Christianity and the Emir of Hinduism on a flight to Chicago last year.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home