Life on the Mekong and Other Rivers

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this blog, including strong statements in support of weinerdog-riding monkeys, are our own, and not those of the U.S. Department of State or the U.S. government.

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

2005 Lao Tee Crisis...continued

I feel like Jerry Lewis watching the red line go over the top of our pledge board, but instead of helping kids with muscular dystrophy, I'm helping myself and my elitist sports fetish.

A small contribution from Mom and Dad Nervig was very well received, but was (sorry to all vertically challenged) dwarfed by Nick and Nancy Bogaerts' contribution to the cause. Something like 500 tees came our way today. Many thanks...If only I can straighten out my drive with these beautiful wood tees.

On to other Consular news, possibly beating out the shirtless elderly lady was a little boy (maybe 3-4 years old) who came running into view of my window from the waiting area on Friday. Nothing special about him, except that he was pantsless, and proceeded to pee all over the ground right in front of me. Again, thank god for the hard-line window between me and the waiting area. Then he ran away, only to return about 15 seconds later to finish the job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home