Life on the Mekong and Other Rivers

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this blog, including strong statements in support of weinerdog-riding monkeys, are our own, and not those of the U.S. Department of State or the U.S. government.

Friday, August 12, 2005

A Growing Pains flashback, this time with gnashing teeth and a lake of fire

For those of you who remember the TV show Growing Pains and the troublesome, yet adorable, Mike Seaver, played admirably by Kirk Cameron...here's a little treat.

Anyway, Kirk has followed a somewhat different path from his days on Growing Pains. Now, I'm not anti-religion per se, but I am a bit anti religious nutcase, whatever said nutcase's religion is.

This then separates me from most religious nutcases, who are anti religous nutcase, provided that said religious nutcase they are against practices a religion different from their own....the 'my god is better than your god' kind of thing, which to me is a bit of a grown up version of the 'my dad could beat up your dad' argument from sandboxes past.

so I found this very funny....bonus that it is something written by Mike Seaver from Growing Pains.

Granted, it doesn't have much to do with living in Laos, but who cares...

If you don't find anything slightly off about 80's teen idol Kirk Cameron's point of view, then apologies all around....but not really, I still think it's funny.

http://sadlyno.com/archives/001609.html#more

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home