Life on the Mekong and Other Rivers

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this blog, including strong statements in support of weinerdog-riding monkeys, are our own, and not those of the U.S. Department of State or the U.S. government.

Friday, August 12, 2005

They have the internet on computers now*

Amazing what you'll find on the internet these days.

For instance, I ran across this picture from our day of elephant hunting (figuratively, you hippie tree-huggers) back in late June.

http://photos1.blogger.com/blogger/4523/1324/1600/Creek3.JPG

Turns out, a colleague here thought a blog was a good idea, and posted a few pictures of our day in the forest himself. This one is pretty good, as it shows our intrepid group fording a deadly (okay, not so deadly, but I've always heard you can drown in as little as an inch of water, and this was much deeper than an inch, so it could have been deadly, had I passed out in it) stream. I think our guide is actually trying to cop a feel off my sexy wife. I might have to go back there and knock his hat right off his head.

Notice I'm keepin' it real (as the kids say these days) with my Blind Tiger t-shirt (for those from New York).

I've recently noticed that I really like to use parentheses. Maybe an overuse of parentheses is a sign of non-linear thought or something (or I'm just scattered). Hey, using parentheses in a sentence about how I like to use parentheses, now I'm blowing my mind. It's like seeing a perpetual motion machine or something similarly impressive.

*gratuitous bastardization of a Simpsons quote...oh how I miss my beloved Simpsons

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home