Life on the Mekong and Other Rivers

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this blog, including strong statements in support of weinerdog-riding monkeys, are our own, and not those of the U.S. Department of State or the U.S. government.

Friday, March 18, 2005

least relaxing massage ever!

I told some people this story already and thought I'd written about it, but I guess not. Anyway...

So we're out to eat 2 weeks ago (the Friday night we arrived) and I have to go to the bathroom. There's an attendant, fine, I'll pay the guy a bit to hand me a towel. How wrong I was.

I go to use the urinal, and suddenly feel a hot, wet towel being tucked under my collar...weird. Then comes the massage. So I'm standing there trying to pee while a guy gives me a neck and back massage with a hot, wet towel stuffed down the back of my shirt.

Needless to say, it was a whole new level of stagefright, and, for me, a whole new level of bathroom attendant service. I just laughed, pretended to finish up, went to wash my hands (he followed, continuing the massage) and bolted out of there so I could laugh properly and not offend. Anyway, later I went back and tipped him, but really, I've never paid someone to make it impossible for me to go to the bathroom before.

What's the going tip rate for that service?

2 Comments:

At 8:33 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm dying over here... is anyone else reading this? (I feel alone in a dark chatroom with Kat and Phil...)

you should have Katherine practice this at home to work on the stage fright.

regards,
Lesley

 
At 12:44 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good God - that was funny. I had to close my office door.

Not even a "Helllllllloooooo, you wan massssaaaage?" - Thai-style.

FYI, the comment indicator doesn't look to be working.

Ari

 

Post a Comment

<< Home