Life on the Mekong and Other Rivers

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this blog, including strong statements in support of weinerdog-riding monkeys, are our own, and not those of the U.S. Department of State or the U.S. government.

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Rada doesn't stop for American Holidays

I may have the day off, but the Ukrainian Parliament is in session, so I'm following its activities to see whether I need to head over.

The Yuliya Tymoshenko Bloc (BYuT) is helping me continue my day off by once again blocking the Rada rostrum to not allow votes to go forward.

The article says the faction members blocked the rostrum and wedged chairs against the doors through which Rada leadership enters the chamber. The Rada is, therefore, currently on break.

Thanks, guys.

A relaxed Veterans' Day (for me) continues apace.

And tonight, American Chamber of Commerc presents - QUANTUM OF SOLACE... If our Bond movie karma continues, something will keep me from seeing the movie tonight.

Time to take my special lady friend to lunch at a chinese restaurant.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home