Life on the Mekong and Other Rivers

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this blog, including strong statements in support of weinerdog-riding monkeys, are our own, and not those of the U.S. Department of State or the U.S. government.

Sunday, October 08, 2006

People

The Angkor complex is made up of a number of different temple, palace, city, etc. complexes in a relatively small area. I took about 150 pictures in 2 days, but won't bother you with all of those. Instead, here are some people.

This employee was taking a little break in the northeast corner of Angkor Wat.


This guy was painting the Bayon. He, of course, offered to sell the picture to me, but to be honest, it wasn't that good.


This kid was carrying ice to his mom's drink stand near Neak Pean, an ancient pool/fountain. He was struggling, and had another 250 meters to go or so, so we helped him out by carrying the ice for him. We got him in trouble with his mom however. I don't speak Khmer or anything, but it seemed to me that she yelled at him that he was being lazy or some such thing. Then she offerred to sell a cold drink to me.


This cute girl was hanging around the Eastern Mebon, a large temple that once stood on an island in the middle of a once large, now dry, reservior.

Some tourist, in a misguided attempt to be nice, gave a lollipop to a girl who likely knows nothing about dental hygiene, nor likely owns a toothbrush.

It wasn't me, I swear. Everyone knows I never share my candy.

 Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home