Life on the Mekong and Other Rivers

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this blog, including strong statements in support of weinerdog-riding monkeys, are our own, and not those of the U.S. Department of State or the U.S. government.

Saturday, August 26, 2006

Random walk concluded...

I felt after our walk that I deserved a bit of a treat. The cornetto signs you see around town are like a siren song, always drawing me in. Here I am contemplating the tasty goodness that is a cornetto classico (vanilla).

No nasty strawberry for me, even if the advertisement was pushing that flavor. I'm not completely defenseless against the marketing geniuses.


Katherine decided that we had walked enough, and that a tuk-tuk home was in order. I guess if you sort of waddle rather than walk, you probably use more energy. Plus, she is walking for two now. So we hopped into a tuk-tuk, and I thought that the guy's rearview mirror afforded a good perspective for a self-portrait.


This afternoon we spent some time at the Aussie club with Amy and Josh Archibald, the new Public Affairs and Econ officer respectively (and their 1 year old kid). Amy is pregnant too, and will give birth to twins about 2 weeks after Katherine.

Tonight Jon and Rose are coming over for some rotisserie chicken and a bottle of wine. Posted by Picasa

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home