Life on the Mekong and Other Rivers

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this blog, including strong statements in support of weinerdog-riding monkeys, are our own, and not those of the U.S. Department of State or the U.S. government.

Sunday, September 11, 2005

Thank you for being sick with us...please come again

So I had my first experience with Thai health care today, and I have to say it was quite pleasant (and I got a clean bill of health, by the way).

I wasn't feeling well on Thursday so went home early from work, and took Friday off too. Still not feeling great today, so I headed over to Udon Thani to get it checked out. Our friend Erin was kind enough to go along. In case I keeled over on the way, she could finish the drive.

Anyway, I got there at about 2:15 pm. Was in with a nurse getting vitals checked at 2:17, in with the doctor at 2:20. She checked me out and ordered a battery of tests. Test #1 commenced at about 2:28, was finished about 2:32, blood drawn at 2:33, urine collected at 2:36, X-ray at 2:40, out the door at 2:50, to return in 1 hour for all the results. Honestly, I didn't sit down for more than 2 minutes TOTAL between all the tests. Returned 1 hour later, in with the doc within 4 minutes to go over results (all normal), then off to pay the bill. $60 total.

I was wondering why there weren't magazines and such around the waiting room. Turns out, they don't have them, because they don't need them.

Now THAT's healthcare.

Oh, and a lovely young lady brought water to Erin twice as she was waiting.

Now THAT'S REALLY healthcare.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home