Life on the Mekong and Other Rivers

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this blog, including strong statements in support of weinerdog-riding monkeys, are our own, and not those of the U.S. Department of State or the U.S. government.

Thursday, September 15, 2005

Lao version of "Sorry, I can't. I'm busy"

From: --------------
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2005 4:08 PM
To: Nervig, Phillip B (CONS)
Subject: RE: MTG with MLSW is confirmed

Hi Phil,

Thanks for having the honor to offer me this opportunity to serve him as the translator one more time. However, I am sorry this time I will not be available due to my engagement with my fourth postponement due for my appointment for me to take a driving license examination on that day. (the first attempt was when the USAID visit occurred, the second was when the ARF event occurred, and this attempt cannot be postponed any further). Plus on that day is will be also my first day of my annual leave for about two weeks for this year as indicated in my email sent to Greg and Terry a week ago.

Please understand my situation.

Thanks for your cooperation.
Regards,

One wonders whether the above e-mail should disqualify said individual as translator anyway, regardless of whether he was free to do it or not.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home