Life on the Mekong and Other Rivers

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this blog, including strong statements in support of weinerdog-riding monkeys, are our own, and not those of the U.S. Department of State or the U.S. government.

Thursday, August 04, 2005

The Call To Action...has been answered

My friend Micheal, from Jakarta, gets the award for quickest response to the 2005 Lao Tee Crisis. Granted, he brought them here by hand, but he still wins.

BUT, in terms of committed response to the 2005 Lao Tee Crisis, Geoffrey Knoell is the clear front-runner. Just today I opened up a package and found, to my (and the entire country's, I'm sure) delight, 200 tees. And they are just the right size and color too.

Now, I don't want to say that I don't need any more tees, because god knows that I, and the Lao people, can never have enough wood tees, but if you haven't dropped them in the mail yet, you might as well forget it, and languish in the shame you have brought on your and your family's houses for not responding in such a grand fashion as Geoffrey and Michael to the 2005 Lao Tee Crisis. (that was a long sentence)

Okay, now we're REALLY going to Thailand.

Oh yeah, I called an elderly woman to my window this morning for a visa interview. Sometime during the interview she realized that her shirt was on inside out, so she promptly took it off, put it right-side in, and put it back on. And I learned that this woman doesn't go in for support so much. Not a bra to be seen. I was a little taken aback. Maybe she just thought that was a good way to get in good with the interviewer or something, give her a little edge.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home