Life on the Mekong and Other Rivers

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this blog, including strong statements in support of weinerdog-riding monkeys, are our own, and not those of the U.S. Department of State or the U.S. government.

Saturday, July 09, 2005

Confirmation of a good thing

So someone finally got through on our home phone. It took 4 tries, but it worked. What happens on our end many times is our phone rings once, then we pick it up and there's noone there. Anyway, my sister Sarah finally got through, and our new cell phone is like butter, works like a charm.

But the kicker is, at the end of the conversation, I asked her to call back to my cell phone. Sarah was a first mover on the uniontelecard.com idea. AND, she got through on the first try and the call was very clear. No echo, no delay, $0.08 per minute. Check it out if you want.

So I'm going to send out our cell numbers via e-mail. If you don't get the e-mail because I forget to include you, or I don't have your e-mail address (and you actually want our cell phone numbers) please let one of us know. I just don't really want to put our phone numbers on the internet is all.

Sure, the Lao, Chinese and Vietnamese governments probably know the numbers, but I don't want just ANYONE to know them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home