Life on the Mekong and Other Rivers

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this blog, including strong statements in support of weinerdog-riding monkeys, are our own, and not those of the U.S. Department of State or the U.S. government.

Thursday, June 09, 2005

Updates

A few days ago and this http://www.scoop.co.nz/stories/WO0506/S00096.htm

Apart from all the goings on, my boss returns Monday after a month in the States. And not a day too soon either. Although I think I'll miss the unchecked power that I wielded for the past month. Once he returns, no more ruling by fiat.

Katherine is heading to London on Monday to visit her friend Amanda who moved there recently, and hopes to see others there too (Cob, Ford, Rick???).

Then I'm off to Luang Prabang on Tuesday for a UXO trip (unexploded ordinance). The US government funds a lot of the UXO removal programs in Laos (picking up after ourselves, I guess...my mom always told me to do that anyway), and I'm going up to see how things are going. It should be a really interesting trip, up into the hinterlands to see the detection and removal teams at work, be briefed on their progrss, and see them blow stuff up.

But for now, tomorrow is the last day of my short-lived power trip, I've got to go to bed and get a good night sleep so I can be ready to really let the staff have it tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home