Life on the Mekong and Other Rivers

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this blog, including strong statements in support of weinerdog-riding monkeys, are our own, and not those of the U.S. Department of State or the U.S. government.

Tuesday, May 10, 2005

Best served with a little lemon and butter

So this morning Vone said that yesterday Phat (our gardener) saw a big snake in our yard. When I asked how big, she spread her arms as wide as she could and said BIG!

Thankfully, Phat said that the snake slithered under our gate and out of our lives.

I mentioned the snake to our night guard, because he walks around the yard at night. I figured I'd tell him to watch out because, you know, snakes are icky and dangerous and have huge fangs and poison and no legs. Instead of being scared, our guard said he would look for it, because, as he said, snakes are very good to eat. I'm sure that may be true, but I don't know that I'd go walking around a dark yard beating the bushes to try to get a snake.

By the way, he said cobra is his favorite. He also said that cobras are only out in the bush, and wouldn't be found in town in our yard, but he probably said that because when he first mentioned cobras I started to cry.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home