Life on the Mekong and Other Rivers

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this blog, including strong statements in support of weinerdog-riding monkeys, are our own, and not those of the U.S. Department of State or the U.S. government.

Saturday, April 09, 2005


Cont'd from previous post....

that has been measured around our heads. It's basically a long, narrow candle. Then, the wax that has been wrapped around my head represents me (or some such thing) and is wrapped together with the other head wax thingies from the other people in my section, then burned by the monks. I'm not sure what it represents, but was told a) good luck and b) it ensures that those that have had their wax thingies wrapped together before being burned will meet up again in some future life...so I've got that going for me...which is good.

Anyway, in this photo, you can see Katherine in the foreground being very attentive and poised, and me in the top right side of the photo looking very serious and uncomfortable. More party pictures to come as they become available...

Tonight we're off to a friend's house to play poker, and tomorrow morning we each have an hour reserved in the morning with a tennis pro, then off to the temple in the afternoon to witness the previously mentioned IT guy join the monkhood.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home