Life on the Mekong and Other Rivers

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this blog, including strong statements in support of weinerdog-riding monkeys, are our own, and not those of the U.S. Department of State or the U.S. government.

Wednesday, April 27, 2005

And he comes crashing back down to earth....HARD!!




Okay, I AM talking, and not mouth-breathing because of the recent beating I'd taken, although I did take one hell of a beating. Who knew that badminton could be so damn demoralizing.

But hey, it was alot of fun. Tons of people hanging around waiting to play on the 4 Indoor courts. Anyway, the guy in the Carlsberg t-shirt was my partner, and we played the other guy and someone else and got our asses handed to us 15-9 and 15-10. I didn't fare much better in my first match, where the embassy guard and I lost 15-13 and 15-11. I think there is a common denominator in those two losses, but I just can't figure out what it is...

Oh, well. I'll be back. What was cool is that I was the only Falang there, although I think I was a bit more of a circus freak sideshow than anything....just something to gawk at (and maybe point and laugh a little, I don't know).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home