Life on the Mekong and Other Rivers

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this blog, including strong statements in support of weinerdog-riding monkeys, are our own, and not those of the U.S. Department of State or the U.S. government.

Saturday, April 23, 2005

Go and Tell Your Master that I Have Been CHARGED BY GOD...



...to undertake this noble Quest. ..

The Embassy guard who was one part of the Embassy tourney championship men's doubles team has invited me to go play with him next week (or sometime soon, I guess) at his local Badminton hangout, so I guess I'm officially accepted into Lao Badminton society.

And I have a fancy new Yonex Badminton racket. I opted for racket that isn't quite the most expensive I could get. I couldn't in good conscience pay $180. Instead I went with a $20 racket that the sporting goods store guy said was a fine racket, indeed, and it's yellow, so you know it's a quality purchase.

I guarantee* I won't post again about my badminton quest until I'm nationally ranked.



*not a guarantee

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home