Life on the Mekong and Other Rivers

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this blog, including strong statements in support of weinerdog-riding monkeys, are our own, and not those of the U.S. Department of State or the U.S. government.

Monday, January 09, 2006

My wife the crowd pleaser

Katherine is very smart and pretty and neat and she smells nice. And she obviously likes me, because she organized a special tour to a very special place.

That's right, we'll be celebrating MLK Jr. Day by touring the Beer Lao factory. As some of you know from experience, the Beer Lao factory sits proudly on the road to the bridge to Thailand (which, as many of you know as well, we have taken often as of late).

For those of you smart enough to click on the above link, take the quiz. I think you'll learn something. For instance, who knew that Japanese drinks make you thirsty. Or maybe that was an incorrect answer.

Anyway, the factory is kind of like my very own Wonka Chocolate Factory. I drive by, stare at the gates, and wonder just what kind of magic goes on inside to make such a wonderful product. By no means, however, will I give up the Beer Lao secrets to a Slugworth-type after my super secret tour in exactly one week.

Well, Katherine didn't really do it just for me. It's an Embassy outing and Katherine organized it in her capacity as CLO extraordinaire. Doesn't change the fact that she smells nice, though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home