Life on the Mekong and Other Rivers

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this blog, including strong statements in support of weinerdog-riding monkeys, are our own, and not those of the U.S. Department of State or the U.S. government.

Wednesday, December 07, 2005

USA bound

I'm leaving tonight for training in DC for a week, bookended by a long weekend in MN and a short stop in NY.

Katherine is staying behind, meaning I have to beat feet back to Laos before Christmas or she'll beat me.

Anyway, I leave you with this heartfelt invitation letter an applicant presented at my window today while interviewing for a visitor visa to go to a wedding.

----------

"I would like to invite you to attend my daughter wedding party on Dec. 25 2005 at noon in ---- in USA. I really need you to help me set up the party on that day. Please come and join me."

----------

Now, surely I've been asked to do things at weddings I was invited to; groomsmen, reader, maybe play the harp or something, but I think a party setup request along with the invite would make me feel as if my ability to move chairs was more important to the bridal party than my presence. Although, maybe that's why I've been invited to many weddings in the past and I'm just too dense to notice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home