Life on the Mekong and Other Rivers

Disclaimer: The views and opinions expressed in this blog, including strong statements in support of weinerdog-riding monkeys, are our own, and not those of the U.S. Department of State or the U.S. government.

Monday, March 28, 2005

Public Speaking 101



Some of you may remember that I was volunteered to speak to a group of American tourists that requested a briefing from the embassy. Well, here they are. It was actually a really great experience, and I think they liked it too.

Afterwards, I was presented with a 10-pack of Reese's peanut butter cups, a 10-pack of little Almond Joy's, a 10-pack of little Butterfingers, and a huge thing of Italian chocolate. I shared the Italian chocolate with the Consular staff, but Katherine and I are keeping all the other candy for ourselves. We're very selfish. The tour company that led this group comes through a few times a year, so there may be more candy in our future.

At one point a woman asked "when the Ambassador is out of the country, are you in charge?" I had to break it to her that it would take pretty much everyone at post but me to leave the country before I was in charge.

2 Comments:

At 4:21 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you teach them the Hokey Pokey?

 
At 2:23 AM, Blogger J-Dizzle said...

Bwahaha! Damn, you're funny dude. I'm working my way through the backlogs to see if I can get any tips on how to get me one of them fine FSO jobs... nothing yet. But this blog rocks!

-J

 

Post a Comment

<< Home